About the MBA
The Monadnock Beekeepers Association is a beekeeping club for both beginning and experienced beekeepers in the Monadnock and Connecticut River Valley regions. We usually meet on the first Thursday of each month either at Stonewall Farm in Keene, NH or at the Dublin Public Library in Dublin, NH. Please feel free to come to a meeting or contact us if you have an interest in beekeeping.
Ross Conrad at the Monthly Meeting, October 6th
Ross Conrad, author of Natural Beekeeping and an organic beekeeper, will speak at the meeting on October 6th held at Stonewall Farm. The meeting will start at 6:30 and Ross will give a talk on organic beekeeping.
Wool Arts Festival in Greenfield, October 8th
The MBA will have a table at the Wool Arts Festival in Greenfield at Spring Hill Farm from 10 - 4:00. We will have an observation hive and brochures to hand out. Still looking for volunteers.
MBA is HOSTING the NH Beekepers Meeting on October 22nd
The New Hampshire Beekeepers annual meeting in Marlborough, at the Marlborough House 9 Ling St, just south off Route 101 from 9 -4. A delicious lunch will be offered but you need to pre- register by October 10 and be a member of the NHBA. Details are below and on the Peterborough NH Beekeepers FaceBook page:
Hosted by Monadnock Beekeepers Association at The Marlborough House 9 Ling St, Marlborough, NH
- Speaker: Tammy Horn – Topic TBD Tammy is assistant professor of English at Berea College. She learned beekeeping from her grandfather, who grew up hunting bee trees in eastern Kentucky. She is the author of several books on Bees. For more info: www.tammyhorn.com/
- Speaker: Connor Coffin – Lyme Disease awareness Connor Coffin is a Doctor of Naturopathic medicine with special interests in infectious disease and parasitology. He is currently working at Greenhouse Naturopathic medicine with a primary focus on Lyme disease. He was recently interviewed by WMUR as a Lyme disease expert for their story on growing tick populations in NH.
- Annual Honey Tasting Contest (bring 8 oz of honey if you’d like to enter)
- Please bring a morning snack to share.
- Pre-registration by 10/10/16 required for meal. Registration form at: NHBEEKEEPERS.ORG
2016 Beginning Beekeepers – Apiary Education
Presented by the Monadnock Beekeepers Association
Each class $15 non-members/$10 members
|May 14||Apiary: 245 Back Ashuelot Road, Winchester|
|June 11||Apiary: Keene – email firstname.lastname@example.org for location|
|August 14 10:00 - 1:00 PM (Note date and time change)||Apiary: 9 Log Cabin Rd. Nelson (directly behind CC Church in village)|
|September 11 (Sunday) 10:00 - 1||Apiary: 117 Log Cabin Rd. Nelson (go to the end of the street)|
Each class will be roughly 2-3 hours – all but the March class will be held in apiaries.
This is Agriculture, class dates subject to change due to the bees or weather.
Pre-registration is requested but not necessary drop-ins are welcome.
Class location will be posted on facebook, announced at bee club meetings and sent to pre- registered students. Check your email if you have pre-registered for changes or check facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/monadbeek/